1. A one-time general facility charge (GFC) shall be charged to all new customers, or customers increasing their requirement for water service based on meter size required to provide service to the customer. If applicable, the GFC shall be additional to the meter installation costs and other special fees and charges.
2. The City Council may, by resolution, adopt in the city unified fee schedule, a schedule of fees and charges for general facility charges.
3. Fee increases. On January 1st of each year, the fees and charges for water services set by Council resolution shall be indexed annually by the Treasurer to reflect 100 percent of any change from the Consumer Price Index for Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue-All Urban Wage Earners (CPI-U) for the previous October, or other comparable index if not published. The Treasurer shall adjust the fees and publish them each December to take effect on all goods and services delivered or contracted after the beginning of each year. In no event shall the change in rates be less than zero percent in any given year. Unit prices and all other charges shall be to the nearest cent. The GFC shall be paid at the time of applying for a building permit for a structure requiring a new or expanded water service. The out-of-city rate shall be 50 percent higher than the in-city rate.
B. Waiver of general facilities charges. The general facilities charges payable upon connection to the city water system shall be waived where connection is being made to the water system from a single-family residence in the following circumstances:
1. The adjacent water collection line to which connection is being made was installed under a local improvement district for which the property owner was assessed; or
2. Where the connection is being made to an adjacent water line constructed by a private individual and subject to a latecomer agreement providing that the property connecting to the water line must have made a binding financial commitment towards the construction of the line.
The general facilities charges shall be waived only if connection is made within two years of the date of acceptance by the city council of the project under which the water line was constructed. (Ord. 3059 § 1 (Exh. A), 2019; Ord. 2961 § 2, 2015; Ord. 2727 § 3, 2005; Ord. 2518 § 1, 2000; Ord. 2225 § 4, 1992)