1. Per RCW 35A.11.010, the city’s authority to contract, and be contracted with, is vested in the City Council.
2. The City Council wishes to delegate certain authority to contract to the Mayor and provide for the orderly review, presentation, and publication of city contracts.
1. Generally. This chapter applies to all contracts, as defined in this section, between the city of Anacortes and any person or entity, and amendments to contracts.
2. Exception. This chapter does not apply to:
a. Any grant agreements. Any agreements for the acceptance of donations or interests in real property, which are addressed in AMC Chapter 3.10.
1. “Contract” means any agreement, written or spoken, between two or more parties that is intended to be enforceable by law, and includes, but is not limited to:
a. Public works agreements;
b. Personal services agreements;
c. Employment contracts;
d. Grant agreements;
e. Agreements pursuant to the Interlocal Cooperation Act, Chapter 39.34 RCW;
f. Leases of real property.
2. ”Goods” means products, materials, supplies, or equipment. (Ord. 3036 § 1 (Att. A), 2019)